Saturday, June 13, 2009

Liquid Fusion Kayaking's New Fort Bragg Home

Dolphin Isle Site #46A - AKA Camp LFK. Here's our first photo of the site before we got to work. There is a lot of potential and a lot of work to be done.


Day 1 We were fortunate to have some help getting started. Craig who works on my family's farm in Pennsylvania was around to give us a hand. He and Jeff started with trimming some trees to improve the view of the river from the deck.
And then proceeded with leveling the site. I was the go-fer picking-up supplies. The guys were happy that I picked up some PBR for them in one of my supply runs.


Smiling worker - I guess Jeff was smiling that I brought him some PBR "Professional Boater's Refreshment", but he is very excited to have a physical location for our business. We worked hard this winter developing a business plan, creating new adventures, training on the water, and developing our marketing materials. Moving the business from our house to a physical location is an exciting step for us.

Day 2 Storage. We cleaned out the shed and hung shelves, and Jeff and Craig built the boat rack. Yeah!!! This means more space in our backyard at home for my garden. I will post a better photo of the kayak rack in my next post.

Today we also enjoyed a few moments on the deck watching the birds and wildlife. We watched a mamma merganser parading her 10 ducklings up river, barn and violet green swallows swooping and feeding over the river, the osprey and great blue heron fishing, and the black crowned night herons emerging for the evening. Of course, my favorite odd duck - the Harlequin continues to meander around on the Noyo.


View of the Noyo River from the deck of Camp LFK.

No comments:

Post a Comment